Monday, February 2, 2009

A POEM TITLED: WHO ARE YOU...


WHO ARE YOU?
A conversation goes like this WHO ARE YOU?
You began to describe yourself by where you are at present!
You began to describe yourself by the problem you are been faced with!
You began to describe yourself by your circumstances!
You began to call yourself by the name people called you, a failure!
You said, people say I can’t make it because my environment dictates who I become!
You said my environments says I can’t live in this kind of Neighborhoods nor this
Kind of houses nor drive this kind of cars (excerpt am dubious) and I accepted it!
Your circumstance dictates to you there is a limit to where I can reach in life
For there is a roof over my head which I cannot go past or beyond!
You told yourself I had a failed marriage, I can’t marry again!
You told yourself I have loss many businesses, therefore am not entitled to own
Any more business for I might fail again!
They said I can’t have a child but I know I can have a child but
I choose to accept IT!
They said evidences shows that I have a dysfunctional upbringing that’s why I
Behave the way I do, I know I can be better, but I choose to believe it, so I
Remain dysfunctional rather than functional!
But, almost towards the end of your conservation, a voice from above intercepts!
MY CREATOR says to me that is not who I Created you to be!
That’s what your environments, circumstances and people say you are!
Not what I created you to be, I asked you again WHO ARE YOU? I replied am confused!
MY CREATOR
said to me, you see yourself as what you’ve been faced with or been through.
Or are you corked up on the inside ready to explode... the poem continues in the book.
LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST...

No comments:

Post a Comment